Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio Driver Problems

• Please log in to reply

TybaltUK

TybaltUK

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone,

I have a couple of dell optiplex SX270's im working on for a friend and everything works on them fine apart from the fact I have no sound, because there are no drivers installed

When trying to install the audio drivers it takes me to the blue windows error screen, everytime i try it does this.

It says something about Portcls.sys.

I would normally just stick in a sound card to get around any porblem i couldn't fix (Lazy i know) but unfourtuanly this is a S.F.F system and there are no slots or room for additional hardware.

Anyhelp would be greatly apreciated because the guy i am doing this for is getting a little in patient.

Cheers,
Tybalt_UK

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Have you tried the following?

http://<span style='...e]/?kbid=810272.

Maybe you have a corrupted Portcls.sys?
Find it HERE

The link [size=2]HERE has some more info.
Can you/ have you tried an earlier driver?

kletos

kletos

• Pip
  • 2 posts
See my post yesterday for a similar problem with the HD Audio in an ASUS M2N32 WS board. Somewhat different situation, but might be a similar solution. That is, the solution there was to copy the offending missing driver (hdaudbus.sys) from the System32/Drivers folder to a floppy for immediate access. For some reason the system wouldn't sort through the dozens of files in the Drivers folder to find the file it wanted.