Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

WARNING: ZONEALARM USERS

• Please log in to reply

Timbydude

Timbydude

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
DO NOT install the newest update to ZoneAlarm. It has caused several computers, including mine, to stop booting Windows. I can't even boot it in safe mode. Now, I'll have to format the drive just to fix this.

Just putting this out there so people are aware. Thank you.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I had no problems with the latest update, nor any of the previous ones. You may have a conflict with other programs, but fixing it without at least getting into Safe Mode is hard. Have you tried resetting the BIOS values to default or try loading using your CD? You may need to get into BIOS to set load device to CD Player.

Ron

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Thanks for the update --- I've been meaning to install that update over the past few days, but have been very busy. Thanks for saving me the near heart attack --- at least I'll know to watch for issues now :)