Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ubuntu freezes

• Please log in to reply

Adrenalin

Adrenalin

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Hi,

Me again :)

Might see a bit of me on the linux forums from now on, Ubuntu is freezing at "Setting the system clock using the hardware clock as reference"
Google says it's a acpi problem but I have no idea how to fix it, editing the kernel doesn't seem to help much and pressing Ctrl + C gets me past that screen but doesnt let me past the welcome screen.

I have Ubuntu 4.10 on CD, apparently it's fixed in the newer versions but I can't download the newer version as we are 'capped' here in South Africa. I'm trying to install it on a Compaq NX7400 laptop.

Thanks

Advertisements

98springer

98springer

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
Have you tried the Ubuntu forums? Lots of helpful folks there.

http://ubuntuforums.org/

Edited by 98springer, 16 December 2007 - 09:43 PM.

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
You can also check this out: https://shipit.ubuntu.com/ You can get free Ubuntu shipped to you for free.

Adrenalin

Adrenalin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Yeah,

I am getting some shipped to me, thought there might be a quick fix for this so I can get it up and running in the meantime.