Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver ma

• Please log in to reply

nsuking2005

nsuking2005

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I've had this issue for a while now...more than likely it was caused my malware that I recently got off of my system. I've seen a few fixes for XP, but none for Vista and I just wanted to make sure before I delete the driver, it would actually work. I originally tried to use system restore, but no restore points go back far enough to fix this error.

I have windows Vista on an HP dv6409us, and the driver is a PIONEER DVDRW DVR-K17 ATA DEVICE.

I also have another problem with my internet software. The internet connection animation in the system tray permanently shows disconnected despite me being connected to the internet; and whenever I try and go into the network connections window to see how I can go about fixing it, it moves unbelievably slow...actually, I'm not sure how slow it moves, simply because I get tired of waiting for it and use task manager to close it. I was able to use a system restore to fix it before, but the error came right back a couple of days later.

Edited by nsuking2005, 16 December 2007 - 05:03 PM.

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,203 posts
you are missing part of your error message.
If you remove the device from device manager and reboot Vista should pick it up.
Before you do that what is the entire error message.
Cheers
peterm

nsuking2005

nsuking2005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Sorry...didn't realize it couldn't all fit into the topic title. The driver may be corrupt or missing. (Code 39)

nsuking2005

nsuking2005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I tried uninstalling the drive, and Vista did recognize the driver and tried to reinstall it, but it failed.

Device driver software was not successfully installed

Please consult with your device manufacturer for assistance getting this device installed.
PIONEER DVDRW DVR-K17 ATA Device Failed

nsuking2005

nsuking2005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Also, not intending to bump the thread, but I have another slight issue. For some reason, in a few of my programs (particularly Yahoo messenger and AVG), anytime I click on something, I heard a very loud (and VERY annoying) beep. I get the feeling it's another problem that was caused by trojans I had on my system before. I found out you can fix it by going to device manager and stopping the sound. However, anytime I reboot my system, the sound starts again and I have to repeat the process to stop it each time. Is there a way I can get it to completely stop? I wanted to uninstall that sound but I didn't wanna do that without getting a staff member's approval first.

Edited by nsuking2005, 20 December 2007 - 10:40 AM.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,203 posts
Sorry
I did not get an email saying you had replied.
Have you installed any new software - eg itunes for windows or burning software?
If yes please uninstall.
Also can you please uninstall in device manager and instead of a reboot can you turn the computer off for
5 mins then restart.
Cheers
peterm

Edited by peterm, 31 December 2007 - 07:30 PM.

nsuking2005

nsuking2005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Well, I found a method elsewhere that suggested I remove a couple of registry values, and that got the driver working again. Anytime I open itunes, it suggests I put some registry values back to play CDs before I start it, but I said no assuming that would just screw up the driver again. By doing that I've been able to use iTunes and keep my player working. Would u still suggest I uninstall it?

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,203 posts
No not if it is working.
Why are you using itunes ?
I am still not getting a message saying you have replied. Hmmmmm
Will check this thread daily.
Was the method you found related ti vista or xp.
I found pleanty with xp but not vista.
Care to show me what you found?
Cheers
Peterm

Edited by peterm, 31 December 2007 - 07:25 PM.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,203 posts
If you really must have itunes(eg an ipod) then I would remove itunes.
make a restore point then re download itunes.
itunes latest
Also look at this
click on me
Cheers
peterm

Dreslady

Dreslady

• Pip
  • 1 posts

you are missing part of your error message.
If you remove the device from device manager and reboot Vista should pick it up.
Before you do that what is the entire error message.
Cheers
peterm

I am having problems like this on my Dell laptop. I have Windows Vista and I have tried your first recomendation but it didn't work do you have anymore suggestions? :)

Edited by Dreslady, 01 January 2009 - 09:51 PM.