Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Reoccuring Spyware

• Please log in to reply

tolkienh

tolkienh

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello, my name is Mark, and I've been having some problems with this box. Its a brand new box (2.8Ghz ;)) and it cost me a crap-load of money.

Thats one of the minor reasons I'm writing this post/topic, please bear with me while I explain and try to help.

Here goes:

If any of you have heard, runescape is a very popular, free JAVA game which currently occupies my lunch hours ;). I have been playing the game for a few weeks now, and I really enjoyed it, however, there was a little ad problem. So I searched, being the curious man I am, and found this client. The website said it was clean, so I though: 'Why not?!!?' How wrong I was.

The client worked fine, no ads or anything, however, when I restarted windows, it locked on the windows loading screen. (the black one)

I started the computer in safe mode, ran AD-AWARE and SpyBot. AD-AWARE found 13 critial objects, Spybot 5. All of which I deleted.

When windows started again, Under my username tab, it stated that I have 213 new emails. The thing is, I did not program anything to log into my email acound and give me my email status. I logged into my email, and deleted the spam emails.

The main point, everytime when I log in, AD-AWARE keeps finding the same spyware, same with SpyBot, even though I delete them every time.

And also, AD-AWARE keeps finding the same negligible objects, again and again (some MRU list, which i did not enable)

I dont know whats the problem, I keep on deleting this garbage, yet it keeps coming back, I deleted the client, all of it. I fear that something might be seriously wrong here, keyloggers, trackers. I want out and I want my computer fixed! :tazz:

Please suggest programs (free) that will fix my computer, or give me detailed instructions on what to do.

Btw, I ran Norton, finds nothing.

Thanks for your time.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Geekstogo is fortunate to have the greatest adaware experts in the known universe right here:

http://www.geekstogo..._aware-f62.html

I would start there, then if they cannot help you, move on to the malware forum...

tolkienh

tolkienh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Posted. Thank you.