Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows totally cracked up

• Please log in to reply

zappo

zappo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
okay, so yerserday as I was surfing around minding my own business when suddenly, windows restarts, gives me a black screen and says: "windows system file corrupt - to repair press R on start up windows screen" or something like that.

So i ran the repair console and did everything it told me then started windows again.

after it rebooted for like three times and gave me lots of error massages I've never seen before, at least it ran steadily enough not to reboot itself all the time.

but my problem now is that several programs arent running at all anymore, 3ds max for example gives me error massage 1335: exe1.cab is missing/corrupted when I try to repair it

while in other cases I cant start an installation at all! for example if I try the setup for photoshopCS3 it starts to copy the files but after that nothing happens.

also after checking my registry with this thing called registry fix my taskbar doesn't respond anymore. I can still access the start menu via keyboard, but it gives me that ugly "DING" sound when I try to click in it or wanna select a window or use quicklaunch and stuff.

I would really like to fix this problem without reinstalling windows because otherwise my 3dsmax license would become invalid.

thanks for any kind of help
zappo

Advertisements

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
Follow the instructions in this thread. It should help you out.

http://www.geekstogo...ws-XP-t138.html