Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Lost sideways scroll

• Please log in to reply

mequestion

mequestion

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Something borked my mouse & keyboard.

Ended up uninstalling them completely, reinstalling them, getting latest drivers etc.
Got everything back to normal except sideways scrolling.
(I also do have the sideways scrolling enabled in the mouse properties panel in settings->control panel)

I can take this mouse, (which is not scrolling sideways on this computer) to my other computer & the sideways scrolling works fine.

I can also take the mouse from the other computer to this one, and the sideways scrolling works fine.

I have already spent an awful lot too much time on this, it must be something easy I am overlooking.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for any suggestions/advice

the mouse is a microsoft wireless mouse, with latest version 6.2 drivers from the m$ site. Brand new batteries etc. System is xp. Everything is up-to-date.

Edited by mequestion, 17 December 2007 - 10:49 AM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
A friend lost all sidescrolling when she installed Firefox on her new computer. We messed around with it for days before uninstalling firefox and reinstalling it. That fixed the problem on her computer. You may see if it will work on yours.

SRX660

mequestion

mequestion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Sorry to bring this up again.
I tried FF uninstall, "clean" uninstall, FF "safe mode"... you name it, I have tried it.

Are there some mouse properties or controls or ANYTHING mouse related anywhere, somewhere else that I am not finding?

BTW, I have no horizontal scrolling within any windows folders either, so I really doubt that FF has anything to do with it.

Also FWIW, I have no extensions which had anything to do with mouse gestures or whatever.

please... anyone... have any idea What the... is the problem?