Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't install or remove programs?

• Please log in to reply

Qckslvr

Qckslvr

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello all :)

I am having the strangest issue with my computer. Last night I started my computer as always and noticed that my norton icon was not in the tool bar. So I tried to use the desk top icon to start it. Came up with an error message that Norton can not start, go to symantics web site and down load a patch. Ok so it takes me straight to symantics website, with the error code. Basically it wanted me to up grade to anti virus 08 to resolve an issue with 07. So I ran the app, and then it came up with an error message "There is already an installation in process please wait till it ends." So I right clicked and checked to see what programs and processes were running. To my amazement there were no applications running. So I put in my norton CD and ran win-doctor from CD, it corrected 16 errors, and rebooted the system. Attempted to run the update again, and got the same message "There is already an installation in process please wait till it ends." I then attempted to use add/remove to uninstall norton, same message as before, so I tried three other programs, and got the same message each time?? The funny thing is, other than this issue, nothing else seems to be having an issue. It surfs the web just fine, and IE has no pop up issues. I printed some info, did some photographic work in Adobe CS3, and the machine seems to be working without hitch.

Please any help is appreciated
Thank you
Brian

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Norton Removal Tool (to remove damaged or failed installations): http://service1.syma...005033108162039

Qckslvr

Qckslvr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thank you this fixed the issue. Everything is back to normal :)