Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD+-/R/RW Drive Model TS-H552

• Please log in to reply

outback_2007

outback_2007

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
I have a HP Pavillion m7300e running XP pro, the problem is my DVD+-/R/RW Drive, just quit reading and writeing to DVD's I have been useing it to back up data, and tv shows, that I record from my media center. It will read and write to CDR's just fine. But when I put in a DVD r ect, it says no disk. And I use Roxio.

And I have just re-installed my OS from my back up dish, that I made when I first bought my computer, and this did not help.

This problem happened like nearly a year ago, and then it started working again on it own.

And I'm pretty good with these computers, and I can reformatt, build, computers, ect, so I'm no dummy :)

Thanks for any help.

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
This is a common symptom of DVD drives. The drives use seperate lasers for CDs, DVDs, and burning. When one goes out the drive can still function as it's other uses but it is pretty much junk at that point. If your drive is more than a couple years old then it is time to grab new one.

outback_2007

outback_2007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Thanks I was afraid of that.