Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Aaargh... m/c hangs when playing video

• Please log in to reply

Nodz

Nodz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
In dire need of a Geek to save my sanity..... when I have been playing video files for a short time the mouse pointer 'stutters' when moving across the screen, then seconds later the machine emits a high-pitched continuous whine and hangs up. This also happens when playing audio files, but only after a much longer time.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
start with sound driver updates.....

Nodz

Nodz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Sorry Gerryf, domestic crisis, installed latest sound and video drivers, seems to be worse if anything. Recalled a similar problem when I bought the machine which was fixed by a few alterations to the bios settings which I obtained from the vendor (Mesh). However they no longer reply to my e-mails, presumably cos my warranty's up. Do hope you'll be able to point me in the right direction.
Muchas Gracias