Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Happy Holidays everyone

• Please log in to reply

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
From me and my family, to you and yours. I wish you all a happy holiday seasons and a safe and happy new year.

For the remaining students who are still in exams, I wish you all the best of luck!
James

Advertisements

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

From me and my family, to you and yours. I wish you all a happy holiday seasons and a safe and happy new year.

For the remaining students who are still in exams, I wish you all the best of luck!
James

James:

Thanks for the well wishes - I hope you and the rest of the G2G members and Mod/Admin team have a great holiday and a safe New Year as well - Make sure to drop off some chocolate to the ones who love it :) :)

Best to all this Holiday Season!!

Brian

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

Make sure to drop off some chocolate to the ones who love it

I already got to it....MMMMMM Belgium chocolate....
James

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
Merry Christmas and a very happy new year, everyone! :)

Chocolate to everyone! :)

mcdanielnc89

mcdanielnc89

• PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Thank You!!! Same to you, but might I say something... Why is it that peoplle say Happy Holidays rather than Merry Christmas and Happy New year? People don't say happy holisay when it's valintines day or easter.. they say Happy Valentines day and happy Easter.... That's always bugged me... Just seems as if peopple try to take god out of it, in my opinion, lol...

Merry Christmas and Happy New year to everyone...

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Thank You!!! Same to you, but might I say something... Why is it that peoplle say Happy Holidays rather than Merry Christmas and Happy New year? People don't say happy holisay when it's valintines day or easter.. they say Happy Valentines day and happy Easter.... That's always bugged me... Just seems as if peopple try to take god out of it, in my opinion, lol...

Merry Christmas and Happy New year to everyone...

because it's not just Christmas, it's also Hanukkah, and kwanza, and....well alot of different holidays....in the "christian world" we forget that this time of year isn't just for us...every culture and religion has a winter holiday and they all tend to fall towards the end of december (being close to the end of the year...it's a good time to celebrate and be thankfull for the things that have happened to you that year)

mcdanielnc89

mcdanielnc89

• PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
hmm, Veery true... But then couldn't they jsut say Happy Hanukkah, or Happy Kwanza, and what have ya? Or do they not celebrate/believe in God? Just wondering..

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
....has nothing to do with God or gods or anything of that nature.....do you know if i'm jewish or not?.....how do you know what to say to be all inclusive? just say happy holidays (when you're in mixed company) that way you take care of everyone because it's a holiday for everyone...maybe not the same holiday...or the same purpose....

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
Merry Christmahannukwanzikahsticetet!

That is kind of all inclusive :) :)

Edit: Forgot about Tet

Edited by keithr128, 18 December 2007 - 04:53 PM.

mcdanielnc89

mcdanielnc89

• PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
lol

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
Hannukah was like a month ago :) So for me it's just Merry Christmas :)

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

hmm, Veery true... But then couldn't they jsut say Happy Hanukkah, or Happy Kwanza, and what have ya? Or do they not celebrate/believe in God? Just wondering..

You could say them all, but it'd be a long list and I'd likely forget to mention one. So this is the easiest way. :)
Like Dsnette mentioned, it has nothing to do with the beliefs in god, rather the celebration of various holidays at this time of the year.
James

Doug

Doug

Visiting Consultant

• Visiting Consultant
  • 872 posts
Merry Christmas to you James.
And the very best wishes to all of our friends and colleagues here at this wonderful Forum.
Doug

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
[attachment=17388:presents3.gif]Merry Christmas to Everyone

[attachment=17387:039.gif][attachment=17389:carolers.gif]

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
Posted Image