Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

pc restarting randomly

• Please log in to reply

y2jmocho

y2jmocho

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi

i have a pc that restarts randomly, but when this occurs, nothing on the pc is working except the motherboard light turns on and the case power light turns on. i think it might be hardware problem, any ideas? i have checked all the cables and no problem. i have also brought a extra hard drive but after installing that it still causes the same the problem. i reinstalled windows xp but still the same problem. please help!

my spec:
windows xp pro sp2
asus p5gd2 deluxe mobo
intel p4 630 3.2 processor
nvidia 6600gt graphics card
old maxtor 300gb diamondmax 10 hard drive
new seagate 250gb baracuda sata hard drive
nec dvdrw
sony dvdrom
ultra 500w power supply

Edited by y2jmocho, 18 December 2007 - 10:48 AM.

Advertisements

Trekev

Trekev

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hey,

I'm no expert but when this happens to me its either because my computer is overheating or the power supply is insufficient for your current hardware. Take the side/cover off of the side of your computer and get on your computer and resume normal activity on your computer. If the problem persists check to make sure that your power supply is sufficient. Also does this happen when you try to start a program? If so this could be a RAM related problem.

Trekev

(As I said I'm no expert I'm just basing this off of personal experience)