Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sound on laptop

• Please log in to reply

bigyin43

bigyin43

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
hi.
i have a packard bell easynote H5 laptop, which now gives a feedback noise if you turn up the sound to the built in speakers.
i have tried a pair of USB speakers but they are fairly quiet, with the laptop sound turned down.
this only started happening after a windows reload.

can anyone suggest what may be the problem, and how could it be solved ?

thanksd in advance

Bigyin

Advertisements

98springer

98springer

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
When you say "feedback" do you mean a high pitched squealing or distortion which is fuzzy distorted audio? If it's the squealing, make sure that the mic volume on the laptop is turned down.
If you have distortion it would good to know if it happens when you're listening to a CD or watching a movie. Check the volume settings and make sure that the master volume is set higher than the individual volume settings. That is, make sure that "CD" isn't maxed out while "master" close to zero. You may also want to check the manufacturers website for updated sound and video drivers.

bigyin43

bigyin43

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
it is the high pitched squeal as the v olume is turned past half way.
i have turned the mic right down in computer settings , but it still does it , is there any other way to turn mic down ior off ?
thanks .

bigyin

bigyin43

bigyin43

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
found a section with microphone settings hidden .

thanks for help

bigyin