Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Weather Watching on own Outback Property?

• Please log in to reply

gordey0

gordey0

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi,

My family and 2 others own a property down south in Northern NSW.

What we need to know is how can we set up a video camera or a webcam so that we can see what the weather is like down there from home in possibly a web browser.

We dont have any access to mains power or a fixed phone line (There is mobile coverage), but we can get a 3G Mobile phone and a solar panel or two.

Can anyone recommend a set-up for us to use out there?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Is there a way to set up and internet connection down there?

Soorena

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Wow, that's a tricky one! I have to admit I don't think the 3G phone and solar panel option would be very reliable. You've got me thinking, though, so I'll be sure to reply again if I think of anything.

gordey0

gordey0

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
We cant get an Internet Connection down there coz the cabling finishes down the road from us. There is the question of Satelite connection, but that is too expensive for what we want to do down there.