Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my ie wont goto any webpages

• Please log in to reply

osterly1

osterly1

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
hi all futhter to a recent reinstall my ie has now decided that it will not go to ANY web pages at all.. and its a pain in the A~@e can u enlighten me please as to a quick fix..

regards

anthony

ps windows xp home

Edited by osterly1, 20 April 2005 - 03:41 PM.

Advertisements

Tiax

Tiax

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
When my IE stopped working, I went and downloaded the mozilla browser and pretended IE didn't exist. :tazz:

I'm sure there's a real solution that'll fix up IE real nice, but if you keep having problems you may want to give mozilla a try.

osterly1

osterly1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
have treid mozilla before and didnt rate it very much(my email links wudnt work properly).. i would much prefer to fix ie.. still havingf same problems with it .. will work for a couple fo minutes then it stops and says done at the bottom and refuses to go to any more pages

help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

anthony

osterly1

osterly1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
have treid mozilla before and didnt rate it very much(my email links wudnt work properly).. i would much prefer to fix ie.. still havingf same problems with it .. will work for a couple fo minutes then it stops and says done at the bottom and refuses to go to any more pages

help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

anthony

and it also rewfuses to downlad anything full stop.. and will not let me goto task manager

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
If your computer's safety is important to you,
you should download/install Mozilla Firefox version 1.0.3 :tazz:
I use IE only if i have to, example when updating from windowsupdate..

osterly1

osterly1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
ok it is crucial to have a safe pc , i agree? but ppl are not addressing my problem, why is this happening to me>? i wud liek this question answered not told to get F.f browser?

anthony

osterly1

osterly1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
ok have downloaded firefox and that doe sthe same thing and refuses togo to webpages after a while( like 5 minutes) .. so come on ppl do something its getting boring now and if i click on my computer then c drive there is a little brown box with 3 books in it(what it looks like anywya) with an arrow pointing up called '' OI'' do i need this i keeep deleting it but it wont go away

Edited by osterly1, 20 April 2005 - 03:43 PM.

Darkmocha

Darkmocha

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
It sounds like you have a spyware problem. Go to this page and do everything it tells you to do you should be fine before you get to having to post a Hijack this log.

Spyware removal instructions