Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Display Problems

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey all.

Today I had my pc on and turned it off. Then I later turned it back on again to find the resolution, clarity, horizontal positioning etc all wrong.

My screen is an Avidav 19" Wide TFT LCD and I can't fiund any drivers for it. The max resolution is 1440 x 900 and right-click + properties only used to allow me to set a resolution up to that.

Now it's all weird and there isn't a setting for 1440 x 900 at all - but is does let me do stupid resolutions like 1680 x 1050, the whole way up to 2048 x 1536. At the moment it's at 1024 x 768 which is really crap. Any ideas what to do?

I have 2 SLI 8600 GTS cards and just got the newest drivers after the screen started acting up. I mean What the... happened?? Any ideas?

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
Wow thats really weird, but i think i have something that might help, right click on the desktop go to properties click on the settings tab click on the advanced button then click on the monitor tab and uncheck "Hide modes this monitor cant display" then change resolution to 1440x900, if you already have hide modes unchecked then thats a really weird problem.