Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can I recover a Permanently Deleted Folder ?

• Please log in to reply

georgetok

georgetok

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
I wanted to send a folder to Recycle Bin but it was too large for it ( 800 MB ) so by mistake I deleted it permanently.

Now can I recover it ?

If so how ?

Thank You in Advance.

Advertisements

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Download TuneUp Utilities 2007 Trial here:

http://www.softpedia...Utilities.shtml

Choose TuneUp Undelete.

Select drives to be scanned, usually all of them.

Type in the search criteria (eg, if the file I'm looking for is my holiday picture.jpg, type in 'my holiday picture' or 'holiday picture' or 'my holiday' will suffice).

Files with the name will be displayed, and the status of the file. Select the one you're looking for and select Restore.

If the file's Condition is Bad, it means the file has already been corrupted, meaning you won't be able to recover it.

~Kelvin

SUPERIOR

SUPERIOR

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
hmmm..... I think the matter now related to how long has time spent after deleted???? and if it's written there or not...

anyway, there are many tools to recover your data like : final data, GetDataBack, recovery my files .......
just google for one and everything will be okay

BTW, are you using NTFS or FAT32 ??? if NTFS you can visit www.ntfs.com to learn more about this

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
when you deleted the data it just deleted the directories for the data...not the data itself..BUT now windows sees that area as a place to write new data too..so downloading anything or saving anything at all will reduce your chances of recovering anything...go here and get PC Inspector..
do this download to a different computer...slave your hard drive to the 2nd computer and run PC Inspector..

Edited by happyrck, 22 December 2007 - 10:49 AM.