Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FSB of devices

• Please log in to reply

arpitt

arpitt

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
please read this story

some times ago i read in a book that

every electronic device has its own FSB
motherboad's FSB capacity should be high then cpu's fsb.
one of my teacher told me that "always match the ram's, motherboard's and cpu's ( i think processor) FSB so that they have
a good proportional relation among them. other wise we will find that we plugged a high capacity ram but it will harm our
pc specially processors" .

so please can you tell me about these statistics ("good proportional relation") of FSB

and please tell me how can we increase or decrease any device's fsb ( any comand or software please tell if any )

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

and please tell me how can we increase or decrease any device's fsb ( any comand or software please tell if any )

you can't the FSB is related to the actual physical traces (wires) on the board where the device connects....not something that you can change through software or hardware (well...without buying a new board)

"always match the ram's, motherboard's and cpu's ( i think processor) FSB so that they have
a good proportional relation among them. other wise we will find that we plugged a high capacity ram but it will harm our
pc specially processors"

as an explanation of what your teacher was talking about....you won't harm anything (as in damaging anything)...you just affect transfer speed...if you plug in a device that's capable of running at 400mhz (i'm making up numbers here) into a slot that can only run at 200mhz...then you've effectively cut that device's transfer speeds in half