Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer keeps freezing

• Please log in to reply

computerdude1985

computerdude1985

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
My computer keeps freezing when I'm viewing My Music folders, and I click the back button, it freezes up. It also freezes up when I click on My Music folder, or any other folder, and it won't respond for like 10-20 seconds. I have no idea why it's doing this, but it just started happening today. Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

Edited by computerdude1985, 20 December 2007 - 06:13 PM.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi computerdude1985...

Is your search indexing turned on? Click Start, then Search. On the left, click on "Change Preferences", then on "With Indexing Service (for faster local searches)". Tick the radio button next to "No, do not enable Indexing Service" and click "Ok".

Try to open one of the folders.

wannabe1

computerdude1985

computerdude1985

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Hi computerdude1985...

Is your search indexing turned on? Click Start, then Search. On the left, click on "Change Preferences", then on "With Indexing Service (for faster local searches)". Tick the radio button next to "No, do not enable Indexing Service" and click "Ok".

Try to open one of the folders.

wannabe1

I think it's working now! Thank you soooo much! :)

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
My pleasure... :)