Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Multiple "windows security alerts" popping up

• Please log in to reply

Highwayrdr

Highwayrdr

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I need some direction please. I have an HP pavilion mx704 that is running windows XP. My browser (IE 7) gets hijacked to several different software sites. Ultimate Cleaner, securepclean, errorfix, adaware2007 among others. I also get seemingly legitimate error windows. One states that I am infected with win32.netsky virus, another says virus activities have been detected, Unfortunately I do not remember all of them.

I have run scans from the following: Trend Micro's Housecall, Spybot S & D, Lavasoft's Ad-Aware, Windows Defender, a squared. I have also run Symantecs FxNetsky tool and Avast virus cleaner.

I got zlob and trojan downloader in results and let the respective programs clean found items. Once done everything seems to be fine then a day or so later everything comes back.

I am no expert but am somewhat literate with the computer but this is well beyond my knowledge. Can someone please help me solve this problem.

Advertisements