Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New build problem...help?

• Please log in to reply

xsoldier17

xsoldier17

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello here is my system spec,
quad core Q6700
2 gigs of ram ddr2
BFG 8800 GT OC
cooler master 500 w ps
intel DG33TL mobo

Now this is my second build and i think everything should be fine i tried avery thing posible to fix this but i'm starting to wonder if i have a dead mobo?

when i first try to power the system on it would power on for like a second and it would shutdown, i recheck to see if everything was fine i tried again and it would do the same thing power on for like a second and power down....

i checked the cables giving the power to the mobo i think the 12x2 connector unplugged and plugged back in, try to boot the system and this time it boots up every thing seems to be working fine all fans spinning, but NOTHING on the screen,
ps i do have liftoffs on the mobo.
i btw i just checked to see if the mobo beebs when i try to boot it up with no memory in it, it should be screaming at me for not having memory but no beeps at all, so i'm thinking dead mobo for real. let me know what u guys think please!

Any ideas??

Edited by xsoldier17, 21 December 2007 - 09:45 AM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I would try to get into the BIOS with the delete key. If you cannot even get there then replace the MB. There have been times i hear no beeps with intel MB's that have no memory in them. The only thing i could get was the blue intel logo on the screen and could not get into the bios. This was on a intel 101 motherboard.

SRX660