Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help with saving something in excel

• Please log in to reply

linda210

linda210

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Someone saved an animated card from a website to microsoft excel. Just wondering if could tell me how they did it..
Thanks.. Linda

Advertisements

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Hi Linda,
Did they actually "Embed" the animation into Excel? Or was it a link to the animated card?

linda210

linda210

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
it was embedded.. not just a link..

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Not sure if your answer is any where in these as I only skimmed them quickly:
Animating Objects in Excel 2007 Using the 3-D Animation Engine
Using Excel as an Animation Tool for smoke/fire (smoke)
Topic: Excel
Frequently Asked Questions
Animations in Excel

I have an Excel which is way too old to do much with it, but I do know that there are some neat games written for Excel:
Excel Games
52 Excel Games

All this probably doesn't bring you any closer to an answer. LOL

Ron

linda210

linda210

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks for all the links.. I looked through them but I didn't see anything that would tell me what I was looking for..
Thanks....Linda

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Wasn't sure. Keeping question on my back burner as I'm curious if it requires additional software.

Ron

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
I have been playing around with my 2007 Excel trying to get embedded animations to work. I can't quite figure it out. (Yet)

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Posted in the MSN Office Community for Excel.

Ron

linda210

linda210

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I have an older version of excel and I keep playing with it too trying to figure it out.. I know there has to be a way. I have read everything I can find but still no luck. If I every figure it out I'll let you know. I'm not one that just gives up easily. It doesn't sound like you guys are either. LOL
Thanks... Linda

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I have Excel 2000 so way behind the times. PsychPosse has a better chance to find a solution with the 2007 version. This is what I found from my Help menu in Excel:

Insert an animated GIF picture in a worksheet
You can play animated GIF pictures if you save your workbook or worksheet as a Web page and then view it in a Web browser.

Click the worksheet you want to add an animated GIF picture to.

Do one of the following:
To insert the picture from the Clip Gallery, click Insert Clip Art on the Drawing toolbar, and then click the Motion Clips tab.

To insert the picture from a file, point to Picture on the Insert menu, and then click From File.

If you clicked the Motion Clips tab in step 2, click the picture you want, and then click Insert Clip on the menu that appears.
If you clicked From File in step 2, locate and open the folder than contains the picture you want, and then double-click the picture.

To see how an animated GIF picture will appear, click Web Page Preview on the File menu.
Note You cannot crop or change the fill, border, shadow, or transparency of an animated GIF picture by using the Picture toolbar or the Format Picture dialog box in Microsoft Excel. Make these changes in an animated GIF editing program, and then insert the file in the workbook again

Maybe this procedure may help figure it out.

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 22 December 2007 - 01:48 PM.

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I am not an expert at Excel by any means, but I have MS Office 2003 and it gives you the option of"

edit
paste special

(options of word; html; picture -- enhanced metafile)

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Tried that in my 2000 version, but I only had the option to paste special as a bitmap. Would not do an animated gif file. Pasting normally inserted the file, but not as an animated one. Probably have to follow the procedure to get it as a web page first. Hopefully, you hit the right answer for the 2003 to 7 versions.

Ron

linda210

linda210

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I have the 2002 version and I tried too and it didn't work for me either..
linda

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
OK. I've tried saving/opening page as a web page and it does not embed image as an animated gif file. Even copied/pasted an animated page from the 'Net into Excel in various ways. Still no go. Possibly my version is too limited.

Ron

linda210

linda210

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Ron I've tried all those same things and it was a no go for me to.. I guess we both need a newer version. LOL
Thanks for all your help though..
Linda