Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Could someone give me step by step instructions.....

• Please log in to reply

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
Merry Christmas everyone!

I would like a guide to help me here please......... This is the first time I have done anything like this. Here is what is happening: I have intergrated 6150SE graphics in my computer right now. I just ordered the ATI HD 3850 256MB. I need help on how to unistall the old intergrated and install the new card. :)

If I posted this in the wrong spot please tell me!

Thanks all and have a Merry Christmas!

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
First you must uninstall the drivers for your current intergrated chip. This is done through add/remove programs. It will most likely be listed as Nvidia driver or Nvidia Forceware. After that shut down.

You can now install your new card. On some boards you have to change the BIOS from intergrated to PEG (PCI-E). In most cases the BIOS will automatically detect what you are using.

Installing new drivers:

Next be sure to close out any real time protection services such as an anti-virus or firewall and uplug all USB devices. Now it is safe to install your new drivers. Reboot and you are ready to go.

Once you are done go to Start > right click on My Computer > select Manage. Click on the device manager. Next expand the display drivers. You should only see you new card. If you do still see your intergrated chip listed then right click on it and select "disable".

Edit: Grammer

Edited by Titan8990, 21 December 2007 - 11:09 AM.

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Topic Starter
  • Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
Ok thanks! Some other dudes from a different forum told me to use a driver cleaner like the one from Guru3d.com. Opinion? :)

Edited by Krusha, 21 December 2007 - 12:40 PM.