Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

vid card or psu

• Please log in to reply

yvain4

yvain4

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
for some reason about 1 week ago my sli stopped working. and my performance dropped insanely low. less then what a single 8800gt could do. it was running perfect and now i get nothing but lag like crazy and about 60 fps in hl2dm.. i didnt change no setting didnt update the drivers because i had the latest (checked to make sure). i also get a huge amount of choke in games between 60-90 usually a solid 80.. if i disable sli and leave both cards in and connected i still get a drop in performance. only when i take one card out will it run normally.. i checked each card out separately and i ran them in games for about 30 minutes each they both seem fine. could this be a power supply issue? or maybe it is one of the cards and im missing something? also sometimes when i am playing games with just one card it lags alittle and i get choke also

thanks

cpu: amd x2 6000+
cooler: zalman cnps9700led
mobo: gigabyte ga-m57sli-s4
memory: 4gb mushkin performance
cards: 2x evga 8800gt superclocked
psu: ultra infinity 600w
case: cooler master cosmo 1000
cd/dvd: pioneer dvd writer
harddrive: 80gb western digital cavier

Advertisements

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
would you mind to give the full model number of your PSU?, and also the combined +12v rail power rated. :)

yvain4

yvain4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
http://www.tigerdire...e...&CatId=1483

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
erm.. I'm not very sure wether your psu can handle 8800GT SLi at full load...

however you might want to read these reviews first :)

First review

Second review

yvain4

yvain4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
ok if my psu might not be able to handle 8800gt in sli then then why am i having similar problems with one card? its just not as intense. could it be vista issues contributing to this issue? i mean im flying blind here and i have no clue this is my first build and im new to all this..

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts

for some reason about 1 week ago my sli stopped working. and my performance dropped insanely low. less then what a single 8800gt could do. it was running perfect and now i get nothing but lag like crazy and about 60 fps in hl2dm.. i didnt change no setting didnt update the drivers because i had the latest (checked to make sure). i also get a huge amount of choke in games between 60-90 usually a solid 80.. if i disable sli and leave both cards in and connected i still get a drop in performance. only when i take one card out will it run normally.. i checked each card out separately and i ran them in games for about 30 minutes each they both seem fine. could this be a power supply issue? or maybe it is one of the cards and im missing something? also sometimes when i am playing games with just one card it lags alittle and i get choke also

thanks

cpu: amd x2 6000+
cooler: zalman cnps9700led
mobo: gigabyte ga-m57sli-s4
memory: 4gb mushkin performance
cards: 2x evga 8800gt superclocked
psu: ultra infinity 600w
case: cooler master cosmo 1000
cd/dvd: pioneer dvd writer
harddrive: 80gb western digital cavier

errr.. you said in your first post that if you take one card out, it will run normally.. :)

erm. you are in Vista?.. I'm sorry, perhaps I couldnt help you as I'm not familiar with Vista (never use Vista before :) )
Let's wait for the experts to review your case :)

yvain4

yvain4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
lol yea sorry i forgot to add that sometimes it acts up with one card.. got about 4 or 5 posts on different forums.. no answers yet.. yea im on vista.. and i hate it took 1 week to install