Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

real quick question

• Please log in to reply

HATRECIDE

HATRECIDE

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
i want to know if i do a full system recovery will it get rid of a virus that i have in diskcopy.dll, i want to do this because i have alot of problems with this computer not just the virus, for example: cant download some updates, update icon stuck on, desktop icons rapidly duplicating themselves etc. also it will delete all my music and stuff too correct?

Advertisements

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
If you use the disk that came with your computer (recovery disk), it should wipe the system and reinstall windows. If you do it this way, you WILL lose any data that you have on your computer.

HATRECIDE

HATRECIDE

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
lol funny you should say that my computer didnt come with a cd, so can i use the recovery option under pctools
&help

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
I'm not sure what "pctools" is exactly. You should have recieved some sort of recovery disk or have access to some sort of recovery partition or something. If you did not, you need to contact the manufacturer of your computer and get one.

HATRECIDE

HATRECIDE

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
oh pctools is just a place where all the maitnence stuff is, it has a recovery option in there

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
I'm not familiar with that. It's probably just some sort of registry recovery which would not do what you wanted.

HATRECIDE

HATRECIDE

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
yeah i see what you mean well it says to make a backup cd because its gunna delete everything

Edited by HATRECIDE, 21 December 2007 - 08:22 PM.

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
Honestly, I would recommend against doing it until you have a restore cd. Otherwise you may be without a computer all together if something goes wrong. You can try it if you want, but you have been warned. :)

HATRECIDE

HATRECIDE

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
lol ya you are right