Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FireFox is Losing Log-ins

• Please log in to reply

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
Hello again SillyLilly, I am very sorry to say this but I cannot think of another solution to this issue.
I am not completely giving up though, I am going to try and recreate this problem on a test computer and hopefully find a solution, but for now I am drawing a blank.
Hopefully one of our other member can step in and find a solution for you.

Keith

Advertisements

SillyLilly

SillyLilly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Okay, thanks very much. I wonder if it's a bug in the 2.0 upgrade? I know several other people having the same problem, but they haven't figured it out yet either. http://forums.online...ad.php?t=638499

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Just out of curiosity, you do not have your log in sites listed in the Cookies Exception list for them to last for the session only do you? May have missed this if you have answered this before, but with posts going to 3 pages, I have a hard time remembering from page to page. :)

Ron

SillyLilly

SillyLilly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Nope, I have it set to keep them till they expire. The exceptions list only has one entry, adrevolver, and it's blocked. None are set for the session only.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
might want to try a older version of firefox...get one here..

SillyLilly

SillyLilly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Okay, I rolled back to 2.0.0.09.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
did it help or not... :)

SillyLilly

SillyLilly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

did it help or not... :)

So far so good. But sometimes it keeps them for a couple days then dumps, so we'll have a definitive answer by Sunday. I'll check back and let you know. Thanks!

SillyLilly

SillyLilly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Still looking good! :) I had to disable the update cuz it kept wanting me to get the latest version. Thinking most updates are security patches, is there anything I should do for security? I have Zone Alarm and AVG, both free versions.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
just get the noscript addon for firefox here...you will have to train it though...

Advertisements

SillyLilly

SillyLilly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Thank you! And I'm still logged in to all the websites I visit regularly, so I guess it is a bug in the Firefox upgrade. THanks everyone for all the help! :)

SillyLilly

SillyLilly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Thank you! And I'm still logged in to all the websites I visit regularly, so I guess it is a bug in the Firefox upgrade. THanks everyone for all the help! :)

Whoops, I spoke too soon. I got logged out of a few sites a few minutes ago, but at least not all of them are logged out this time. :)

In case it matters, I haven't gotten the noscript addon yet.

Edited by SillyLilly, 30 December 2007 - 05:27 PM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

Still looking good! :) I had to disable the update cuz it kept wanting me to get the latest version. Thinking most updates are security patches, is there anything I should do for security? I have Zone Alarm and AVG, both free versions.

Unfortunately, if you use an outdated version of Firefox on the 'Net, the browser version you're using will not have all the latest security/bug fixes installed. No firewall or anti-virus program will protect you from an insecure browser.

Ron

SillyLilly

SillyLilly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Well, I haven't been logged out of any sites again. I guess that one time it happened after I downgraded was a fluke, I don't know.

So now what? Is there a place to report bugs to FireFox? Or find known bugs?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
I wonder if its your ISP causing the log out issue by giving you new address's