Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows Vista Installer Error

• Please log in to reply

Trekkie

Trekkie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Windows Vista, and I'm not able to install anything. I repeatedly get the "The Windows Installer Could Not Be Accessed" error message, on every program I try to install.

For example, I have iTunes and when I wanted to update the version, I recieved the error message. So when I bought a new Zune mp3 and tried to install THAT software, it would quickly install it, but then say it failed and give me the same reason.

I'm absolutely SURE it's not the programs, because when I installed the same programs on my second computer (a Windows XP) it was successful.

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?
(Please answer as quickly as possible, I share this particular computer.)

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello Trekkie and welcome to Geeks to Go!

I'm thinking that you are right, it's probably the Windows Installer itself. Have a look at the following article and see if it helps:
Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed Error During Program Installation » My Digital Life

Regards,

Ax