Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Core 2 duo or core 2 quad

• Please log in to reply

prasharry2k5

prasharry2k5

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
Please guys help me i am a bit confused. I do not which one is better, Core 2 duo or Core 2 Quad. If you think i should wait for some time to cash on new releases i would be willing to do so. My intel865 is giving me a big problem.
I am confused about the motherboard and the processor only. My primary use is developing web pages and designing them. Also i like gaming a lot. Now there are some questions which i think you people can help me figure out.

1. If i buy a motherboard which supports core 2 quad can i use 1 amd chip with one intel chip on it.
2. If i buy a motherboard which supports quad core will it also support duo as well.
3. What is the difference in the 975 model and the 965 model of intel motherboards. (coz 965 is 4500 rupees here and 975 is 9800 rupees)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
1) No.
2) Should do, check the CPU support list before you buy though.
3) To most people, there isn't any, though the 975 is a newer chipset.

prasharry2k5

prasharry2k5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
so what do you recommend neil. I do not understand right now. Are bothe dual core and quad core good for gaming without any video graphics card. and thanks for your response.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
They're all right for what they are but you will need a separate video card if you want to game, because onboard graphics will not do it.