Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error Installing Office 07 Pro Plus

• Please log in to reply

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

At work, I have a Windows Vista machine with an "X" drive that points to our file server. I've moved "Documents", "Favorites", and "Desktop" to my folder in "X".

When installing Office 07 Pro Plus, I get the following error message "Invalid Drive "X". Then, you have to reboot.

On my second attempt at the install, I double checked all install options on all tabs. The installation directory was indeed on my hard drive. Still, I am getting this message and am unable to install Office.

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Magus

Advertisements

davidbugeja

davidbugeja

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
This problem may be occurring if your administrator has used the Disk Administrator Utility to change the Drive Letter.

Try the following and let me know:

1. Click Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Disk Administrator
2. Right-click the drive whose letter you want to change and Click Assign Drive Letter
3. Select the correct drive letter from the list

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
davidbugeja:

Actually, I am an administrator and this is not the case. I actually had several mapped drives, but "X" stood out because I had mapped my "Documents" folder to the "X" drive. In the end, I wound up disconnecting the drive, installing Office 07 Pro Plus, and finally reconnecting my "X" drive.

Still not sure what went on, but I did find that work around.

Thanks for the information.

Magus