Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Shortcuts-"Find target" not working

• Please log in to reply

ulysses9776

ulysses9776

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have noticed that for all the shortcuts when i go to properties and click "find target" nothing happens.
it may be some due to some deleted registry keys.if someone has the answer to this problem,it will be highly appreciated

thanks

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello ulysses9776 and welcome to Geeks to Go!

Any particular reason you think it is "deleted registry keys" causing the issue? Did you delete some registry keys? :)

Try the following fix from Kelly's Korner:
12. EXE (lnk and regfile) Fix for Windows XP

Let me know if it helps.

Ax

JohnnyGee

JohnnyGee

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,
How do the registry repair links from Kelly's work? Do you have to save it to your hard drive as an executable file (*.exe) or something else to get it to run? I was able to view the file but could not determine to make it run.

Thanks,
John

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
"Copy" the text of Kelly's file into Notepad.
"Save" to Desktop with a .reg extension.
Double click the .reg file.
Answer in the affirmative to the confirmation dialog.
Reboot.

Note: If all that happens when you double click the .reg file is that it reopens in Notepad, your system is set to prevent accidental Registy changes. Not a bad thing. In such a case, simply right-click the .reg file and choose "Open With..." Select Regedit (Registry Editor) and continue as above.