Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Any way of detecting games cheats in Pogo Pool

• Please log in to reply

sureshotcox

sureshotcox

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Auto Aimers are becoming a big problem in Pogo Pool . Not only is it not fair to the honest players, but the players that do play well are constantly getting accused of having a some kind of game cheat. Anyone knowing of a way to detect or block these cheats would be greatly appreciated

Advertisements

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Any explanation to what this 'Pogo Pool' is? Another of these Browser games?

Edited by tiroshii, 23 December 2007 - 05:06 PM.

sureshotcox

sureshotcox

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yes , I'm guessing that is a browser game.. To describe it better .... Pogo.com is gaming site that you can play multi-player games , in my case, I play pool. Just wondering if there is any way to see the files going through the server. I heard there is software that allows you to do this ( but not sure) I'm thinking it had something to do with my firewall. People download auto aimers (cheats) from playbuddy.com, badgehelp, ect... Which in turn is making our league a mess , due to complaints from the honest players. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Yes , I'm guessing that is a browser game.. To describe it better .... Pogo.com is gaming site that you can play multi-player games , in my case, I play pool. Just wondering if there is any way to see the files going through the server. I heard there is software that allows you to do this ( but not sure) I'm thinking it had something to do with my firewall. People download auto aimers (cheats) from playbuddy.com, badgehelp, ect... Which in turn is making our league a mess , due to complaints from the honest players. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated

Hmm, the only software I can think of which matches that description is FTP software, but you need to have acess to the domain password etc for that.

sureshotcox

sureshotcox

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks for quick reply , Toroshii ... But ..... I don't know the domain password of pogo. I was probally mistaking , because you would would have to be an employ of pogo.com or easports to have access to the password. Thanks again

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Thanks for quick reply , Toroshii ... But ..... I don't know the domain password of pogo. I was probally mistaking , because you would would have to be an employ of pogo.com or easports to have access to the password. Thanks again

Yes, that is what I was suggesting :)

sureshotcox

sureshotcox

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Show me how !!!! lol

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
We cannot help you to hack into Electronic Art's servers, obviously.

The best thing to do is to contact EA. If they get enough complaints, perhaps they will enable an anti-cheating program of some sort.

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

We cannot help you to hack into Electronic Art's servers, obviously.

The best thing to do is to contact EA. If they get enough complaints, perhaps they will enable an anti-cheating program of some sort.

Yes, I wasn't suggesting to hack in, in case you got the wrong idea. I was simply saying that if you could, that would be a way to do it.

sureshotcox

sureshotcox

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I would never want to know how to hack Pogo , nor any other site for that matter . Heck, I do good to turn on a computer, much less hack someone elses ... :) As far as , contacting EA Sports about enable these cheats. They have received thousands of complaints , but yet to see any actions taking on their part. I'm thinking maybe if I understood the Java language better, I could maybe identify these cheats. While I'm playing i have my Java console open ,and can read the game commands as the game is being played (both my commands as well as opponents) At times I see files that I don't know the meaning of, so maybe I can investigate the files. Thanks again for your responses and helping a "computer-dummy" :)

Advertisements

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

I would never want to know how to hack Pogo , nor any other site for that matter . Heck, I do good to turn on a computer, much less hack someone elses ... :) As far as , contacting EA Sports about enable these cheats. They have received thousands of complaints , but yet to see any actions taking on their part. I'm thinking maybe if I understood the Java language better, I could maybe identify these cheats. While I'm playing i have my Java console open ,and can read the game commands as the game is being played (both my commands as well as opponents) At times I see files that I don't know the meaning of, so maybe I can investigate the files. Thanks again for your responses and helping a "computer-dummy" :)

To be honest, there is little you could do yourself. The only option really would be for EA tor release some sort of Anti-Cheat, which probably isn't going to happen. :) With small time web-based browser games, there isn't much point in making a fuss tbh.

sureshotcox

sureshotcox

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I agree bud ... not making a fuss .... just trying to end alot of arguments about this issue .. I personally could care less if someone uses a cheat... I don't have a problem beating them with skill. And as for it being a "small time " browser game, there are over 60,000 people playing pool at this minute. But thanks for your reply

sureshotcox

sureshotcox

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I can see by the number of views that this must be a popular topic. So if anyone has any suggestions, drop me a reply

sureshotcox

sureshotcox

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I have seen Null Pointer Exception is my java console while my opponent is shooting . Does anyone know if this could mean they are using a cheat ?

MADDUNCLE

MADDUNCLE

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi ppl, This looks like an old worn out thread but the issue is still with us. I really don't care if ppl use CHEATS
when gaming against a program but, it's certainly not fair against another person.
No, I don't have the andidote, wish i did. However I do believe, "If ya can't beat em', join em'".