Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Any way of detecting games cheats in Pogo Pool

• Please log in to reply

slappaprog

slappaprog

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This is an old thread but still a non stop problem. Its just annoying as [bleep] is all. I don't play pool on Pogo I play chess and depending on what room you go in and what hour of the day I'd say one out of 4 players are using a program either chess buddy or pogogambittron something like that. Like this guy just said you can't beat them join them. I haven't joined them exactly because that would be a pathetic waste of time to sit their and have a prog play your game only to win points on a website. But what I have done is set up another account purposesly for messing with cheaters I downloaded chessbuddy its free for like a trial amount of time but theres ways around that anyway. I play my regualr account. Then when I think someone is progging me and usually its obvious I open my other account and prog them back for a game or two just to be a petty vindictive [bleep]. Then I make a note of their user name and never play them again. This last part is pretty much a waste of time because proggers start new accounts daily. I really think that most of these guys are real sad young losers probably rejects of society or tweekers with no friends and they get off on messing with people. But anyway if you go to pogo and you don't know how to detect a progger heres a couple clues. They usually are playing 1 min games or 2 or 3 min what real chess player does this? If you look at their acct profile they will have less than 500 games and usually less than 100 or less than 50. Also on the profile they have only been a member for less than a month or two but in most cases they only been a member for less than a week or even a day. When you play them the first 4 or 5 moves will not use 1 sec of their time thats obvious proggin another thing if you play them 3 games they will never use the same opening if you play them 5 games they will never use the same opening variation. If you ask them what opening are you playing 9 times out of ten they will get all offended or be like I don't f@@@king know etc a real player would just tell you the opening if they knew openings and if they don't know any of have any strategy then you just suck and you need to get over it. Personally I'm rated class A over the board so this [bleep] really bothers me yahoo has proggers too the only decent chess sites cost money.Screw that. And myspace has one chess app that has no proggers but no competetion either so in that case I would rather play a progger.
I think pogo or EA games they don't care they just want people on their site I think pogo is like the biggest game sites around they have commercials for it so they must be doing good. Did you really read this whole long thing? You must be bored. If your tired of progs do what I do prog them back they hate it when they lose they once they lose a game they usually abandon their acct. I watched 2 progs play each other and they fully admitted it but once one lost two games he said he was going to start a new account? WHat is the point? How sad do you have to be I mean I 'm a chess player I like the game but man if you young why not just get a playstation play call of duty on line and talk [bleep] to people on the blue tooth or something you know leave old people alone with their ancient games.

Advertisements

sureshotcox

sureshotcox

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
i see by number of veiws to this topic that there is still and interest in finding a way to detect these cheats. I guess the only solution to this problem is to contact pogo, but I doubt there will be any actions taken to rid their site of cheats. I'm not sure if it is even possible, since the program is more of a skin that is projected over the pool table. I still see the words "null pointer" in my java console, on shots that normally would have the aimer that pogo gives you. Oh well. if anyone has any ideas or tips please feel free to post, I and countless others would appreciate any suggestions.

outhousemaker

outhousemaker

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I am not a computer geek!  I am 83 years old with a good bit of common sense and strong on logic. 

These are things I have observed and used to identify cheaters on Pogo dominoes. 

1.   A person that has played less than 100 games or less and has a high % rating of games won  ( 56% or more) should immediately be suspect.  This is probably some one who has recently change his user name when he started cheating.

2.  A person  who has played for a number years and as a rating less than 1500.  However he or she beats you by a large margin the first game.  If he does it again the second game chances are that he is cheating.

3.  Cheaters seem to leave you with a large amount of tiles nearly every hand.

Tie together the things mentioned in item number 1 with item number 3 or item number two with item number 3.  If you see those two things combined in either case chances are you are playing a cheater.

Hope this helps.