Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Commerical Antivirus program that's NOT subscription based?

• Please log in to reply

amadeusmozart

amadeusmozart

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I am not sure if this is the right forum for this, if it is not I apologize and you can tell me and I will delete it and repost it in the proper place.

These antivirus subscription renewals are killing me.

I was going to see if anyone knew of anyone commerical antivirus software that was a one time purchase with free updates in the future?

I know there are plenty of freeware programs out there, and if there is no such thing as a one time antivirus purchase then I will just use AVG.

Advertisements

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
There is none to my knowledge. There really is nothing wrong with AVG or Avast. In a lot of cases, I've found that avast has a better detection rate that McAfee Enterprise Anti-Virus, which I use on the job.

Edited by Gravity Gripp, 22 December 2007 - 06:19 PM.