Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell RT7D40 Keyboard not working

• Please log in to reply

billingsleycl

billingsleycl

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Dell wireless keyboard and mouse set up. The keyboard (RT7D40) quit working but the mouse still operates. I have changed the batteries in the keyboard. Anyone got any ideas?

Advertisements

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Have you dropped/hit it in any way? If so, your keyboard's internal mechanism might be wrecked.

~Kelvin

billingsleycl

billingsleycl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
not knowingly anyways. It pretty much stays on the desk...I really don't even need a wireless but it came with the computer.

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Hmm, so, let's see. How long have you used this keyboard/mouse combination for?

Also, clean the keyboard (pluck out the keys carefully, use cotton buds or a damp cloth to clean it out) and try it again.

A question I have in mind though: are the batteries new or are they partly used before? (Mind this, but it's what happens sometimes).

~Kelvin

mbcpa

mbcpa

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am not a techie, but I think I have the answer. The Dell RT7D40 keyboard does not like Logitech software. If you uninstall Logitech software, yes, even the mouse s/w, the keyboard will start working like normal again..............at least it did for me!

ClawsC3

ClawsC3

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had the same problem. This worked for me so you might try it. Pull the batteries out, press the button on the receiver, put batteries back in while the receiver light is blinking.