Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MY USER ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT IS DISABLED, CANNOT LOGIN TO MY PC...

• Please log in to reply

SpicyNHot

SpicyNHot

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT DISABLED, CANNOT LOGIN TO MY PC...HELP!!! When I uninstalled windows steady state in safe mode.. Then restarted my computer came to the welcome screen my profile admin logon has dissapear so I press ctrl+alt+delete and the box appeared. I put all the info it told me to.. I get this error message administrator account has been disabled and that i need to check with my administrator. Please help is there anyway around this, can it be fixed in a Command Prompt or another setting? :)

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello SpicyNHot,

If the built-in Administrator account has been disabled, booting into Safe Mode will automatically enable it again (temporarily, for that Safe Mode session). You can then go into Control Panel > Users and make sure your account is not disabled.

Regards,

Ax

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
This might also be of interest: Enable Administrator on Welcome Screen

SpicyNHot

SpicyNHot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
No it's not my safe mode built in admin account disabled.. It's my regular my name compaq_owner user account admin is disable I cant log on it.. It's gone from welcome screen.. When I restarted my computer came to the welcome screen my profile admin logon has dissapear so I press ctrl+alt+delete and the box appeared. I put all the info it told me to.. I get this error message administrator account has been disabled and that i need to check with my administrator. So should I boot back into safe mode to the main built in admin account and go into users in control panel.. I did that yesterday but dont see my name.. My account still exist because I look into system properties.. Somehow Steady State Disabled it when the program unistalled..

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Yes, login as Administrator in Safe Mode. Click on Start then Run, enter control userpasswords2 and press Enter.

Click the Advanced tab then the Advanced button. Click on Users then your account. Uncheck "Account is disabled". WOuld be easier to run the program I provided the link to in my previous post though.

SpicyNHot

SpicyNHot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Thanks guys it did teach me some new tricks.. :) I did everything but still don't see my user account name listed and it didn't appear in control panel users account..
Is there another way around this because you know in system properties advanced tab users profiles my account still exist with settings.. Also when I hit ctrl alt delete in windows welcome screen it says it's disabled..Maybe I can go into the registry or something.. :) Another thing when I go to c:\document and setting. it says my user account folder is empty. and when i try to double click it, a pop up windows says the folder is not accessible. and access is denied.
My account is password protected. So when I went back into safe mode I right click on the folder properties gave me access to some files not all..

Edited by SpicyNHot, 24 December 2007 - 09:34 AM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
For the Access denied message you are getting, you need to "Take ownership" of the folder tree. See this MS article for directions on how to do this: http://support.micro...kb;en-us;308421

Next, follow the directions here to create a new account and copy all your user data over to it:

http://support.micro...om/?kbid=811151

SpicyNHot

SpicyNHot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
:) AWWWWW IT WORKED!!!!!!! You'll XMAS present to me.. Thankyou sooo much I really really appreciate this..
Learn something new everyday.. I love this site... :) I HAVE ALL MY FILES BACK, SETTINGS, BOOKMARKS, AND ETC... :) :)

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
EXCELLENT! ... many thanks for letting me know. Merry Christmas.

Edited by Ztruker, 27 December 2007 - 03:29 PM.

sbkraft

sbkraft

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the same issue on a Vista ultimate machine. I rebuilt my Domain and I made sure I set the password on the administrators account then removed it from the domain and rebooted. Go to login and Your account has been disabled. please see your system administrator. So i went to the mirror so i could see my self and asked What the... do I do now. Don't feel like putting in the Vista CD and rebuilding the laptop. BTW I get the same thing logging in safemode.

Edited by sbkraft, 14 February 2011 - 10:28 PM.