Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Engine and Application error in hl2

• Please log in to reply

hoopsman

hoopsman

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
hi there. i just bought the orange box for pc. i have been playing half life 2 a lot recently since it is such a good game(already beat portal), and i was just going to play it about 20 min ago, and then if you look in my attachments, you will see the .doc messages that i got. i dont understand why this is happening, but if anybody could help me it would be great.
specs:
amd athlon 64 4000+
Nvidia geforce 7600 gs 512mb pci-e
2gb DDR 3200 RAM
windows xp pro
BY THE WAY:i was able to run half life 2 for a while, i had played at least 3 hours into it. I noticed that half life 2- half life 2 episode 2 wouldnt run(the error messages) after steam updated to the latest version,which is odd.

Attached Files

Edited by hoopsman, 23 December 2007 - 02:54 PM.

Advertisements

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Try hosting the image's as actual image files, not word documents.

I did it for you, here:

Posted Image
Posted Image

I would suggest re-starting Steam, if that doesn't help, reboot your PC.

If it is still not working, try reinstalling HL2.

Edited by tiroshii, 23 December 2007 - 04:47 PM.

hoopsman

hoopsman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
i did all that you said and it still gave me the same message.
i really want to play half life 2 again, can you please tell me what to do?
thanks

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

i did all that you said and it still gave me the same message.
i really want to play half life 2 again, can you please tell me what to do?
thanks

I know this won't help you much, but Steam is always messing up, often if you leave it a few days it magically starts workign again. Untill then, I'm afraid I'm not sure what you could do :)

Good luck anyway and sorry I couldn't help.

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Right, I was playing CS:S for a bit earlier, and I got one of your messages twice.

Posted Image

It may be due to the latest update, as they updated yesterday I think. It will just be a bug and will eb fixed soon.

hoopsman

hoopsman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Thats got to be it because i noticed that after steam updated i wasnt able to play it.:) hopefully you are right and they will come out with an update to fix this problem.
THANKS A LOT!
Hoopsman

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
No problem. I've been using Steam for about a year and a half, this kind of this happens regularly. Give it a few days, may take longer due to Christmas, but it will get sorted.

hoopsman

hoopsman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Thanks, and just let me know when you get a steam update, in case i dont for some reason or antother.
hoopsman

hoopsman

hoopsman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
are you still having the same error, because there has been no updates or anything, and i wrote an email to valve, and when they said they needed a .jpg image, i sent it, and they havent responded. I really want to play half life 2 again, and it keeps giving the same error. is there absolutely nothing i can do until an update or valve responds?

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

are you still having the same error, because there has been no updates or anything, and i wrote an email to valve, and when they said they needed a .jpg image, i sent it, and they havent responded. I really want to play half life 2 again, and it keeps giving the same error. is there absolutely nothing i can do until an update or valve responds?

I've been playing Half Life tonight without any problems, that also stands for all of my other Steam games.

You may want to email Steam too, as it looks like it could be a fault due to them (as usual).

hoopsman

hoopsman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
i would i go about doing that?
bryan

hoopsman

hoopsman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts