Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSoD during clean XP Home installation

• Please log in to reply

flybycoif

flybycoif

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi there.

I recently upgraded most of the hardware in my machine (all except the optical drives, sound card, usb card and chassis) and am now attempting to install XP. The install starts OK, loads the drivers with no drama but once it reaches that point I get the BSoD.

"PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED STOP: 0x0000006B (0x0000003A, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Do you still have the parts you replaced? If so, I would start putting them back one at a time until the problem goes away, then replace/RMA the bad ome.

flybycoif

flybycoif

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Unfortunately the old parts are all dead, my PSU shorted out and fried my old motherboard, and most of the cards plugged into the PCI busses. My old board had a 478 socket and DDR400 ram, so none of it is compatible with my new stuff. When I go into BIOS everything appears to be OK. During the install all the drivers load, at the point where the process starts installing Windows I get the BSoD. The message suggests that I turn off memory caching and shadowing, however my BIOS doesn't seem to have any options regarding those features. There doesn't seem to be any activity on my hard disk, or at least the activity LED doesn't indicate any activity. According to the manufacturers my components are all compatible; Core 2 Duo, Intel P35 motherboard, PCI-X display card and a SATA hard disk... Perhaps there are driver issues? A stiffy with RAID/ AHCPI drivers was supplied with the motherboard, but the motherboard doesn't support stiffy disk drives.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Couple things you can try.

1. How much ram do you have? Are there 2 sticks? If so, remove one and try it. If it fails, swap ram and try again.

2. Try running one of the Linux live CDs like Puppy Linux. Here is a list of all the known live Linux CDs available: http://www.frozentec...tent/livecd.php