Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MY MEMORY STICK SUCKS.....help

• Please log in to reply

breathe easy

breathe easy

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
sup geeks. i have an issue with my memory stick. well it started this way, my pc was running very slow one time and i did a hard shutdown.
after that anytime i tried booting up, i get a blue screen with the a msg telling me that ONE OF THE MEMORY MODULE IS CORRUPTED and that i shld REPLACE MEMORY MODULE. And exactly what the heck is that suppose to mean? Its a TWINMOS PC2100, 512MB DDR/CL2.5.
The uselessly funny thing abt this memory stick is that it gives me that msg only wen xp is booting up. but i tried it with windows98 and 2000 and they both worked perfectly fine. i get to go to the desktop and access everything as if there was no problem with the memory stick to begin with. i tried reinstalling xp with pack 2 and still had the same results.
i wouldnt mind buyin and new one but if there's other alternative that will get my old 512mb working id be indebted.
thanx

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
lets make sure its not your memory going bad...get memtest here....if you have a floppy drive you can get the 6th one down
the lowdown for memtest is here
...set the bios to boot from the floppy dive A: first...then the cd drive then the Hard drive C:
or you can get the second one down and burn the ISO file to a cd and then boot it from the cd drive...let memtest run for at least 2 hours...if it starts showing any errors during that time then you will have to replace the RAM...no errors after 2 hours just press escape to end the tests and we will try some other tests

Edited by happyrck, 23 December 2007 - 09:51 AM.

breathe easy

breathe easy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
thanks chief, am going right on it... give u a feedback after am thru with it

breathe easy

breathe easy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
question, is it possible for me to download the fifth..ie "Download - Pre-Compiled EXE file for USB Key (Pure DOS)" and have it boot up from my usb?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
if your mobo supports booting from usb it will work...otherwise no...