Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't download free zone alarm firewall

• Please log in to reply

Sputniks

Sputniks

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi All,
For the last couple days I've been trying to download the free version of "zone alarm firewall" at zone alarms site. But when I reach the the part that says "run and install" it can't do it, a message comes up saying...
"Setup was unable to find the msi package or patch" and underneath that it says...
"http://redirect.zone...g=en&link_id=1"
Can anyone help me with this? It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Advertisements

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Hi All,
For the last couple days I've been trying to download the free version of "zone alarm firewall" at zone alarms site. But when I reach the the part that says "run and install" it can't do it, a message comes up saying...
"Setup was unable to find the msi package or patch" and underneath that it says...
"http://redirect.zone...g=en&link_id=1"
Can anyone help me with this? It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Have you clicked the link you posted? It's a direct download link.

Also, what's wrong with Windows firewall? Works fine for anything you would need, unless you're part of the British government, then you may want to consider turning your firewall off. :)

Edited by tiroshii, 23 December 2007 - 05:10 PM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
The Windows Firewall does not provide any outbound security so a OEM firewall is a good idea. I gave up on ZoneAlarm quite awhile ago. It was a good firewall but they were always pushing ZoneAlarm Pro and if you were not careful what buttons you clicked during updates, you got Pro.

I switched to Comodo Firewall and have been very happy with it. It was a tad "chatty" in some of the earlier releases but the latest ones are much better. Does a good job of keeping me informed of what's connecting to my network.

Sputniks

Sputniks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi All,
The reason I want another firewall is because my computer tech said windows firewall isn't that good. I downloaded COMODO firewall.
Thanks alot :)

98springer

98springer

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Hi All,
The reason I want another firewall is because my computer tech said windows firewall isn't that good. I downloaded COMODO firewall.
Thanks alot :)

Your tech is right.

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Downloaded COMODO and I must admit, It's pretty dandy. I'ts good that Windows can monitor it itself. So far I'm getting on with it, until it starts blocking games etc...

It's currently learning about my PC :)