possible anticipate you would want to know. I appologiese for so much information, if you have a specific questions please ask, I will try to answer.
Things to consider:
1. Windows Vista or Windows Vista 64 ( Both are free to me)
2. I play one game on/off Everquest II
3. I use my pc for internet/email/some work at home (Excel and Word)
I also like to off load my digital pictures on my pc, I like to watch the ocasional movie/listen to Itunes.
4. I like to be able to turn my computer on and its ready to go. I would like to have room for
expansion if something comes along in the future that i want. I get impatient with having to wait on others computers to load up
or not being able to multi task quickly.
5. I would like to stay in the 1500.00 to 1700.00 range.
6. I have not considered a type of cooling system yet. I would like to try Liquid Cooling, but have no clue.
7. I already have a case and a extra Monitor (DVI)
8. I don't plan on overclocking or anything like that. I would prefer to build it and have limited to no tweeking.
9. I would also like to add a biometric finger print scanner, as my current pc has this.
10. I do not plan on running two video cards in SLI. Highly unlikley I would be that serious into gaming.
11. I would like to have a computer that will be around 3-5 years down the road. I also believe you pay for what you get and I would like to stay with companies that have a good reputation and good help and good warranties.
Below is a list of items I have considered. I don't even know if they are suitable to work with each other. I am by no means inlove with any
of these items, except the case as it was given to me FREE lol *NEW*
Please feel free to offer advice/comments/criticism, because I really need it. I plan to build the computer over the next 6 months.
Motherboard: BFG 680i SLI Motherboard
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor
Memory: OCZ Vista Upgrade 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel
Graphics Card: BFG NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS OC WC 640MB PCIe
I already have this computer case, it was given to me new.
Computer Case: Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower
CD/DVD: LITE-ON Black 12X DVD-ROM 32X CD-ROM SATA Blu-ray DVD-ROM Drive
Internal Hard Drive: Western Digital Raptor X WD1500AHFDRTL 150GB 10,000 RPM 16MB Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive
Internal Hard Drive
Keyboard/Mouse: Microsoft USB Bluetooth Wireless Standard Optical Desktop Elite for Bluetooth Mouse Included