Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CPU Usage Problem

• Please log in to reply

MaTTaMaMaTiX

MaTTaMaMaTiX

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hey i am really having a tough time with my cpu here and im not really sure why this is happening but when i am using my computer my mouse pointer starts to "stick". its not a laggy but just slower i guess. and music play back gets messed up greatly. it slows down playback. same thing with youtube videos they lag. or anyvideos i happen to be watching. This also effects games. regular games that are not using the internet.
i can just be sitting there at my desktop with nothing up or running and cpu usage will spike.

i used to be able to run multiple programs too.
like itunes + azureus + IE7.
now i can only do one at a time.
which sucks....

Posted Image

I am running on windows XP Professional SP2
Pentium 4 | 3.0 GHz
Some crappy fox conn motherboard that is now discontinued
3GB Corsair ram
PNY 8800GTS 640MB
4 seperate hard drives: 160GB,160GB,250GB,500GB

im not sure if my processor has just partially burned out or what....

SOMEONE HELP!!!
(please :) )

Advertisements

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
It shouldn't be a processor problem. If so, the computer won't even boot.

Please read this topic, and if they don't work, post a HijackThis log in the Malware Removal Forum in my signature.

~Kelvin

MaTTaMaMaTiX

MaTTaMaMaTiX

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i dont know if this changes anything but i found out that the process that takes up the most cpu power is "system."
it takes up 50% - 60% all by itself.