Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PLEASE HELP ME

• Please log in to reply

dannyd569

dannyd569

• Pip
  • 3 posts
MY COMPUTER KEEPS SHUTTING DOWN ONCE I TRY TO CNVERT A AVI FILE TO DVD IN A PROGRAM CALLED CHEETAH DVD BURNER. AND SOMTIMES JUST WHEN IM TRYING TO DO NORMAL THINGS LIKE LISTEN TO MUSIC AND BROWSE THE WEB IT SEEMS THE COMPUTER CANT TAKE IT? ITS NOT OVERHEATING I KNOW THAT MUCH BUT IM NOT SURE IF IT IS A HARDWARE PROBLEM OR SOFTWARE? MY COMPUTER RUNS ON XP / AND IS AN E-SYSTEM INTEL 4, WHICH I HAVE HAD NEARLY 2 YEARS. I HAD ONE PROBLEM DURING THE FIRST YEAR WHICH APPARENTLY WAS THE MUTHERBOARD AND THEY CAME AND REPLACED IT? MAY IT BE THE MUTHERBOARD AGAIN? PLEASE HELP, SORRY IF IM IN THE WRONG TOPIC

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Welcome to the GeeksToGo! forum, danny. First I would like to ask you if in future you will not use all capitals in your posts as this is the text equivalent of shouting and is regarded as bad etiquette. Many forum members will simply ignore such posts because of that -- plus it's also harder to read. Thank you.

Now about your problem. Do you get any blue-screen error messages just before your PC restarts itself, or any error messages at all? These error messages are often the key to pinpointing the cause of a problem.

Edited by pip22, 24 December 2007 - 08:32 AM.

dannyd569

dannyd569

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
im very sorry for the caps? no i do not get any blue screen the computer just seems to die on me. thanks

dannyd569

dannyd569

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
pip im still having this problem, its at its worst when i try to use win avi converter it gets 10% through then just shuts down with no error messages when i restart please can you help solve this problm :) anyone i just need to know waht im dealing with if it hardware or virus

Edited by dannyd569, 01 January 2008 - 08:21 AM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
first this to try is system restore...go back at least 2 weeks before you started having problems
no joy
in order to help you we need all the pieces of the puzzle...
What are your system components...if you dont know...get everest home here
and it will give you all the info...
launch it...click the + by computer...click on sensor...get a screenshot and post it so I can check your temps and voltages...
did the problem just start or has it been going on for awhile..
did you recently add any new programs or hardware..
did you recently get any updates for any of your programs or any windows updates...
what are you doing when the problem happens...
the more info you can give us will help solve your problem quicker...

screen shot will look like mine

Edited by happyrck, 01 January 2008 - 08:32 AM.