Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Strange problem with my Yahoo Messenger & my MSN Messenger.

• Please log in to reply

catpoop

catpoop

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
I have both messenger services which may or may not be the root of my problem.If I contact someone from my Yahoo they respond through MSN messenger & to them I show up offline.They also say that I`m not getting all there messages.I tried shutting down my Yahoo to meet them on MSN but then they show up offline.My girlfriend says that I shouldn`t even be able to contact her through Yahoo because she doesn`t even have it.Do I only keep one?Is that the answer? I`m getting frustrated.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Usually Yahoo to MSN and vice-versa does not work. Nor does intermixing communications with other IMs. I really thought the new MSN Windows Live and latest Yahoo overcame these problems, but not sure since I use neither. Only AIM and ICQ are compatible with each other.

If you only use the chat window for your IMs, may I recommend the free version of Trillian? Once set up with all the services and screen names, Trillian will connect to all of them at once. If you wish to use Trillian, but with sound and video, then you will have to purchase Trillian Pro which has many more features.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Ron