Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Exits out of programs randomly

• Please log in to reply

greenleafgangsta

greenleafgangsta

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So I just started having trouble with my computer, and it randomly all of a sudden exits out of games I am playing after I get about 5-10 minutes into the game. Once the computer just restarted, once the screen went into screen save mode and the computer was unresponsive, and all the other times the screen jut wipes down from the top and the game is closed out of. Any ideas as to what the problem is?

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello greenleafgangsta and welcome to Geeks to Go!

Overheating is a common cause of the problems you have listed. Do you have a desktop or laptop computer? You can make sure there's no dust clogging up the vents, using an air can:
If you have a desktop, open up the case and spray out the dust with an air can.
If you have a laptop, use the air can and spray out the dust in the vents and fans.

Make sure nothing is blocking the vents and fans, air circulation is the best way to keep a system cool.

Let me know if this helps,

Ax