Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

My DVD tray won't eject...

• Please log in to reply

zowiemagic

zowiemagic

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I have a 2-year-old JVC DR-MV5 dvd recorder. Recently after I'd finished recording something, I went to eject the disk, but the disk tray wouldn't budge. It flashed OPEN on the display and then started reading the dvd... and that's what it's continued to do every time I try to eject. I've followed the instructions in the JVC manual's troubleshooting section for this situation, but no luck. It'll read and play the disk, no problem, but it would appear that whatever mechanism opens the tray is either stuck or has given up the ghost. Might anyone have any ideas as to how I could fix it or should I just go ahead and get a new dvd recorder?

And if I need to get a new dvd recorder.... I have a lot of partially recorded, unfinalized dvds. Would I need to buy another JVC machine in order to be able to finish and finalize them or would any dvd recorder do?

Any and all help will be vastly appreciated....

Laurie

Advertisements