Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Realtek Microphone Problem

• Please log in to reply

Mr. Jack

Mr. Jack

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
Well I recently found a mic at my house because a few of my friends were asking me to get one.

It is just a basic headset and mic, no USB plugin, just audio jacks.

My problem is that when I talk on it on ANY program, including sound recorder, Audacity, Skype, Xfire, my mic is too quiet.

I have searched forum after forum, but I have not yet found an answer that works for me. I have tried boosting the microphone on my Realtek HD Audio CP, but they were already boosted. All my volume controls are all the way up.

Also, it for some reason puts all my audio that comes out of my computer back into my input, not because of the feedback of the mic and speakers. So anyone I am in a conference with in skype or something can hear what sound is coming out of my computer.

Any help is appreciated.

Edited by Mr. Jack, 24 December 2007 - 04:23 PM.

Advertisements