Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ALL in ONE Internet Security

• Please log in to reply

sumguy

sumguy

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
Hi "Geeks to Go", i would like to say that i like your website a lot. The reason for this topic is that i needed help finding an all one security program. I currently have the following:

Anti virus - AVG free addition
Antispyware - SuperAntiSpyware
Firewall - Windows
Antispam - nothing

Help is greatly appreciated.

PS: I have tried Zone Alarm, but i uninstalled because there was a problem with it and "vsmon.exe" kept shutting down, and it was rather slow.
I have tried Kaspersky 7.0.0.125 as well, I liked it, but it was rather annoying at how i had to restart to update and it wouldn't let me go on myspace bulletins.

-----------mG-------------

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Welcome to GeeksToGo!, sumguy. I also had several problems with ZA not loading properly or 'disappearing from systray for no apparent reason (very worrying since then you don't know if you're protected or not). Then I went for 'BitDefender Internet Security' 'all-in-one' commercial product until that to developed the worrying habit of turning some modules off by itself after an update.

I'm now using 'Kaspersky Internet Security' and so far it's worked flawlessly. The requirement to reboot after some updates is not confined to BitDefender. If the update includes a program update for files currently in use, they all require a reboot so that locked files can be overwritten. It's because KIS supplies updates several times a day that it seems 'worse' than the others, but that's all part of keeping your protection up-to-date, so we shouldn't complain. You can always choose to 'defer' a reboot after an update if you wish.

For reliable 'all-in-one' protection I think KIS takes some beating at the price. As regards your problem with 'MySpace' I'm sure all that's needed is a slight change to one of your KIS settings.

Edited by pip22, 25 December 2007 - 06:29 PM.

sumguy

sumguy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Thank you so much. I will continue to use kaspersky. I also liked it, but just that myspace bulletin problem. Do you think i can locate the settings for that in the firewall, or do you suppose it deals with the parental control tools?

---------SuMgUy----------

:)

sumguy

sumguy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
OOOO and i almost forgot, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years to you, Pip, as well as to all others who help out people with comp problems. =)