Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

bios not recognizing ddr400

• Please log in to reply

rebith75

rebith75

• Pip
  • 4 posts
While my computer boots up it says i am running ddr333, i have 1 kingston pc3200 ddr400 and 1 corsair pc3200 ddr400 (both 512), does my hardware support this, in bios it said my max memory clock is 166, I have AMD 64 3000 and a soltek SL-K8AN2E-GR mobo, what is going on here

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Can you manualy set the ram clock to 200mhz?

If not I will have to try and find a manual for your mobo and look further.

Rick

rebith75

rebith75

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
im not real familiar with bios but there was a setting that says max memory clock and that was all i found that may be what I need

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Go into bios then goto Advanced Chipset Features, highlite DRAM Clock/Drive Control and press enter. highlite DRAM Clock and press enter, then enter a value of 200mhz

Don't forget to save when you exit, you should now have ddr 400 on your post screen on bootup.

Rick

rebith75

rebith75

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
the options only go up to 166 mhz for max memory clock, thats all i can find

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Ok I will download your manual and have a good look there must be a jumper setting or something.

I will get back to you tomarrow

Rick

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
I have been thru your manual and you are right the selections for the dram clock go up to 166mhz, this is confusing to say the least because your board does support ddr 400.

Set the max memory clock to auto and see if that works.

If not I would contact the manufactuer and ask about this maybe you need a bios update but thats hard to imagine they would ship a board that is said to support ddr400 and then need a bios update to do use it.

Let me know how you make out with this I am very interested

Rick

rebith75

rebith75

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i set it to auto and its still ddr333, ill call soltek and see whats going on i guess, ill let you know, thnks for your interest and help