Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

So, what did you get?

• Please log in to reply

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

My kids and granddaughter had a great Christmas! No credit card bills here, thankfully!

Hmm what did I get? Ohhhh an excellent Christmas bonus from my boss. That rocked, and was unexpected. :)

My girls got me some candles, some bath stuff, and best of all... they snuck off to get pictures of themselves and the baby for me! I got five gorgeous framed 8x10 pictures of my girls. :)

That's awesome!!! :) In my mind, it is not what you buy, or how much money you spend, but the most important thing is that you get to see the reaction of the family members as they open your gift. In recent years I have scaled down on what I buy and who I buy for because being on a limited income kind of dictates that I don't buy for everyone. I buy for my parents now, and since my mom's birthday is this month, she gets 3 chances to go out with her husband and enjoy herself - her anniversary is tomorrow, and Christmas was awesome, so she gets to go out 3 times on me, although the place I sent them to is quite expensive, but for my family, I would give the moon if I could :)

Kat: Did you get the candles that are in jars? Mine is a country candle, that smells like caramel - I even went out and bought my first lighter, even though I am kind of scared of fire, but I got the long one like you would use to light a BBQ grill - safer for me to light and deal with, as opposed to one of those BIC lighters that I can't light too well, because my hands are too big :)

**Brian** gives Kat some of his Dark Chocolate M&M's :)

May 2008 be good for us all :)

Brian

Advertisements

M477h3w700142y

M477h3w700142y

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I got 40 dollars, an Xbox 360 backpack and some AAA and AA batteries and some butterfingers.

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
My children and I decided this year that as they're all working (although the youngest is still at school as well as working) we would focus on the gift rather than on the expense. So we set a $20 limit for all of us to each other. It took the edge off worry about the cost and allowed all of us to concentrate on getting each other something special to each person. It was wonderful.

We spent Christmas with all of my family (18 total) on the other side of the country and had a secret Santa ... well it was a 'stealing Santa' actually. We all had to buy a gift max value $30 that would be suitable for male or female, old or young (the youngest taking part was my daughter 15 yrs and the oldest my Mum 85 years). All the gifts were wrapped and under the tree. One of my sisters suddenly walked in all dressed up as Santa (we had no idea) and she was the MC for the game. We took turns to draw a number out of a hat and that represented the order in which we would take a present. The first person chose a present and opened it and then the second person chose and opened it and had to decide whether to keep the one they got or they could steal from the first person. If they stole then the person whose present was stolen got to choose another present. And so it went until the last person took the remaining present and they got the choice from all of the previous presents. It was so much fun. My Mum was about fifth and she got a one liner joke book and sat reading it and laughing away until my brother who was ninth stole it from her. She was mortified and didn't want to give it up. So one of my boys stole it back from my brother and then gave it back to my Mum and took her replacement present ... well my Mum sat there for the rest of the game with two arms around her joke book and wasn't going to give it up for anything. There were some really crazy and weird presents and it was all such a lot of fun.

Edited by frantique, 29 December 2007 - 08:18 PM.

Poseido

Poseido

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Santa was very good to me. He got me 3 19" Acer X193's, A new computer desk and a new pair of shoes.

I was happy with what i got lol, TrI-ScReEn's Ftw?!

Its awesome btw.

Thanks
Poseido :)

Seltox

Seltox

• PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
I got 6 1.25L bottles of Irn-Bru from my brother :) (He's a poor university student)!

But mainly I just like $350-ish to go towards upgrading my computer. Of course I also got the socks and boxers and such, it wouldn't be christmas without them! I love getting socks, I never have enough :)

Got a new lead for my guitars/basses... some picks... chocolate... and a really nice Parker pen.

Christmas was quite good to me this year :)

Oh yeah, I got an Eric Clapton album, and a live dvd of The Doors.

Pyro88

Pyro88

• Pip
  • 1 posts
1 nintendo DS lite

3 DS games

1 copy of halo 3

1 tub of cheese balls

1 desktop calender

3 shirts

1 metal puzzle. (a metal piece with a chain attached and a metal triangle on the end: objective: get metal ring off.)

and lots of money :)

eddie5659

eddie5659

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,980 posts
  • MVP
I got chocs, money (as requested), a spirit drink maker (looking forward to that), and underwear.

Some of the money is going towards a new fridge, of which they knew, hence the money.

I got what I wanted, except the winning lotto ticket :)

eddie

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
I got guitar hero 3 ( broke back to the store :) )
Lots of clothes
Lots of cash ( like 215 dollars)

Bought a pc case, tons of pc games and 17 pretzels!

what a holiday i had..

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

( broke back...

Mountain? :)

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
:) Blair! I just choked on my toast! :)

Advertisements

**Brian**

**Brian**

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

:) Blair! I just choked on my toast! :)

**Brian** performs the heimlich to help Kat :)

**Brian**

**Brian**

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
Blair:

I almost coughed up junk from my throat that almost came out my nose hehehehehe :)

Darn Cold :)

Brian

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i got some cash....some gift cards....a "tooth tunes" toothbrush that sings "can't touch this" (my mom is insane)....a cold and a speeding ticket (91 in a 70 in mississippi)

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP

i got some cash....some gift cards....a "tooth tunes" toothbrush that sings "can't touch this" (my mom is insane)....a cold and a speeding ticket (91 in a 70 in mississippi)

I got the cold, but not the speeding ticket. I guess it's a good thing you got some cash too. :)

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts

ia "tooth tunes" toothbrush that sings "can't touch this" (my mom is insane).

I have this mental image of you brushing your teeth in your skivvies dancing to the song. Its is a bit disturbing.