Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HDD Strange FrEEze !

• Please log in to reply

Logitek

Logitek

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hy again, it's been a while :)

Merry Christmas to all of you! & Happy Holidays ! :)

I'm having a bad time with my PC ... again ... :) .... when I try to download something from DC++ with higher speeds than 5-10 Mbs, sometimes my computer simply freezes ( more frequently when it's minimized ) :)( ... also when I'm uploading something with speeds from 250 kb to 10 Mbs it freezes more frequently . In both cases the HDD red case LED stays ON ... not bleeping, just stays ON forever . After that I need to restart :)( ... This happens when I'm simply downloading from DC++, that beeing the only application I run and also, when I dld & run other applications such as IE7, Winamp 5.5,Daemon Tools, AVG AntiVirus ...

This problem is bothering me for almost a YEAR now please, I kinda need your help on this one guys.

Thanks in Advance :)

I'm running Windows XP SP2 with all the UPDATES and using AVG 7.5 Free Edition AV
Also I'm using ATF - CleaneR 3 , CCleaner 2 & Registry Clean Expert 4.5 - TWICE a day. JK Defrag 3 once a month.
I have NO VIRUSES/WORMS.
I didn't do any SPYWARE/MALWARE scan, because all the ANTISPYWARE applications I've tried dissapointed me so far :)(
by far the best was SpyBot S&D 1.4 ... the 1.5 version is all CRAPPY !!!

My Tech Specs are :

AMD Duron O/C to 800 Mhz
ChainTech 7AIA Motherboard ( 1 ISA, 3 PCI, 1 AGP 4x, 2 DIMM, Audio Onboard )
Motherboard Chipset - VIA VT8363 Apollo KT133
256 Mb SDR ( 2 x 128 Mb PC 133 [LAT: 3.3.3.6 ] ) O/C to FAST
Western Digital Caviar 80 Gb 7200 RPM - 2Mb Buffer ( ATA33 )
nVidia GeForce FX 5200 64 Mb DDR 64 Bit ( running in AGP 4x )
ASUS CD-RW 52x24x52x
LG StudioWorks 575N CRT 15" (1024x768 32Bit True Color)
Altec Lansing AVS 300 Speakers ( 2.1 System )
Genius Comfy KB-19e
A4Tech X-750F 2500 DPI Gaming Mouse

Edited by Logitek, 25 December 2007 - 06:21 PM.

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello Logitek,

Please read the site's Terms of Use:

We will not support or allow the discussion of any peer to peer (P2P) applications, except for their removal.

If you want help removing the application, we'll be glad to offer assistance.

Thanks for understanding,

Ax